- Health Education
- Health Topics
- About Us
Did you know?
- Excessive drinking may disrupt menstrual cycling and increase the risk of infertility, miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
- Women who binge drink are more likely to have unprotected sex and multiple sex partners. These activities increase the risks of unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted infections.
- Self-breast exams are recommended by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology on a monthly basis.
- Pap smears are recommeded by the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology beginning at 21 years of age.
- Pap smears do not test for sexually transmitted infections.
- Vaccination against the human papilloma virus is recommended for females age 9-26, regardless of sexual activity.
For information regarding women's health issues contact University Health Services Women's Clinic at (405)744-7032.