Skip Navigation
Oklahoma State University

Immunization Compliance Policy

Ways To Submit Your Immunization Information

  • Scan and email records to:
  • Fax to: (405) 744-6556
  • Mail to: University Health Services, ATTN: Immunizations, 1202 West Farm Road, Stillwater, OK 74078-2036
  • Submit records in person at UHS or during New Student Orientation Showcase

Immunization Verification Required by Oklahoma State Law

Oklahoma state law requires that all new students attending Oklahoma colleges and universities for the first time provide proof of immunization for certain diseases. Students who are unable to verify their immunization history will need to be re-immunized.

Acceptable Documentation

Proof of immunizations are satisfied with any of the following:

  • Signature of a physician or nurse verifying the accuracy of submitted information using the Immunization Form available below.

  • Copies of any of the following:

    • shot records

    • medical records

    • school health records

    • laboratory test results demonstrating immunity

Failure to comply with these requirements will result in a hold being placed on future enrollments.


  • Medical, religious and moral exemptions are allowed by law and such requests must be made in writing using the OSU Certificate of Exemption form.
  • The requirement shall not apply to students enrolling in courses delivered via the internet or distance learning formats in which the student is not required to attend class on campus.

OSU Reguires

All students at OSU Stillwater are required to have the following immunizations and/or screenings:

Hepatitis B:

Oklahoma Law requires:

  • Proof of completion of a Hep B series or signed Certificate of Exemption.

  • A minimum of the first two shots must be completed by the 6th week of the first semester of classes, with completion of the series no later than the 4th week of your second semester of enrollment.


  • All new students born after January 1, 1957 must show proof of vaccination with two doses of vaccine; or,

  • lab test demonstrating immunity; or,

  • a signed Certificate of Exemption.

This requirement must be met by the end of the fourth week of classes in your first semester.


The Meningitis vaccine is required for on-campus student housing. Residential Life will collect this information.

Oklahoma Law requires all new students living in campus housing be provided with information about:

  • Meningococcal disease

  • About the availability of a vaccine that may prevent meningitis

International Students Tuberculosis Testing

All new international students must be tested for tuberculosis. 

  • Report to UHS a blood sample will be obtained for testing. 

  • The cost of this test is $75 and can be billed to your bursar account.

No other test will satisfy this requirement.